[MOSAIC] Student Teacher Posting-Amy

Heather Wall heather_wall_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 22:22:03 EDT 2007

Also, keep in mind that a big part of the success of using the MOT strategies is that we're teaching kids to THINK. We're teaching them to be metacognitive, to purposely choose when to use strategies, to be aware of their comprehension or lack thereof. If this kind of learning goes on in a classroom all year long, then "solving" a test will be much easier for them. A little work might need to be done regarding format of tests, and that can be covered in a brief "test genre" study. But if you spend the majority of your year teaching kids to think, you'll see the results in the standardized tests at the end.

Heather Wall/ 3rd grade/ Georgia
NBCT 2005
Literacy: Reading - Language Arts