[MOSAIC] starting the year with non-fiction

Harbour, Deborah harbourd at dreamsbeginhere.org
Sat Aug 4 22:45:59 EDT 2007

I don't think you should have any concern starting the year with non-fiction.  I am a Kindergarten/First Grade teacher and a very strong believer in teaching kids effective ways to read non-fiction.  I start teaching my Kindergarteners non-fiction reading strategies.  They can learn so much - that reading non-fiction is not just about the words in the middle of the page.  Most of the reading they do as they get older, especially as adults, is non-fiction.   What a better way to start the year.  I wouldn't be surprised if you find that you have a lot more students interested in reading as soon as the year begins.  Good luck!!
Debbie

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.