[MOSAIC] Heinemann/ was (Mosaic) On-line class

Waingort Jimenez, Elisa elwaingortji at cbe.ab.ca
Tue Aug 7 12:32:19 EDT 2007

Nancy,
This is what's on Heinemann's web site.  I did a copy paste.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

About Us
Heinemann's Philosophy and Company Mission Statement
Heinemann is a publisher of professional resources and a provider of educational services for teachers, kindergarten through college. We strive to give voice to those who share our respect for the professionalism and compassion of teachers and who support teachers' efforts to help children become literate, empathetic, knowledgeable citizens. Our authors are exemplary educators eager to support the practice of other teachers through books, videos, workshops, online courses, and most recently through explicit teaching materials. Our commitment to our work and customers' enthusiastic response to our offerings has made us the leading publisher in this area. Our passion for publishing works by professionals for professionals also informs our trade publishing, which includes books for theatre professionals, general books on education, and quality works of world literature.

Heinemann's History
Heinemann, a member of the Reed-Elsevier family of professional and educational publishers, is today the leading name in professional development books and resources for teachers.

Heinemann Publishing was established in the spring of 1978 on New Hampshire's seacoast, as a U.S. subsidiary of Heinemann UK. In 1996, Heinemann merged with another member of the Reed-Elsevier portfolio, Greenwood Publishing Group, to create Greenwood-Heinemann.

After its initial founding, Heinemann quickly became the national leader in the publishing of professional books for teachers of language arts K-12, and has impressive and growing lists in math, science, social studies, and art education. In 1987, Boynton/Cook, the leading publisher of professional books for English teachers at the middle and high school levels and for college English teachers, joined Heinemann. The company also has an active and highly-respected presence in several niche markets, most notably in theatre and arts, and Third World writing, with literature lists in the Caribbean, Asia, Middle East, and Africa. Heinemann's authors are leaders in their fields. Many are award-winners for their work in education and are frequent speakers and keynoters at major national conferences.

Besides its book and video lines, Heinemann also has a professional development division, which presents its authors and educational experts at workshops and seminars. It maintains a speakers' bureau that represents many of its well-known authors. Heinemann Professional Development also includes Seminars where Heinemann Consultants deliver the content of Heinemann's expert authors in schools and districts around the country.

While there are several companies carrying Heinemann in their names and using similar logos, the businesses are separate. Our particular focus is on bringing quality professional development to teachers. We are proud to carry the name Heinemann and to fulfill our mission to support teachers in their professional growth and in the important work they do to further the growth of children.

Joining Heinemann: Employment Opportunities
Occasionally we have positions open that support the Heinemann business directly, and sometimes positions become available that support the corporate whole -- Greenwood Publishing Group -- which includes Heinemann, Greenwood, and Libraries Unlimited. For more information please contact George Goldberg, Vice President of Human Resources ggoldberg at greenwood.com.

The Journey to Heinemann: Travel Directions
Heinemann, located in a stunning reconditioned mill dating back to the mid 1800s, is just a short walk from the historic downtown district of Portsmouth, NH. The building offers wonderful large windows and interesting appointments throughout, while the nearby downtown offers the best restaurants and shops in the area, and waterfront views.

Heinemann's address and phone are:
361 Hanover Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
603-431-7894

I may be wrong, but I thought I recently read that  Heinemann was bought out
by someone. Does anyone else remember reading this?  When I read it, I thought
oh-oh, there goes our voice. I thought the email about  the class I recently
read said, There is no more Heinemann U. Maybe that is  the result of the
buyout?
Does anyone else have any info on this?

Nancy Creech