[MOSAIC] Reading grades

ckmet at mail.usf.edu ckmet at mail.usf.edu
Thu Aug 9 19:01:52 EDT 2007

Jane,

I work in a charter school and we too have moved from the basal readers
into a more literature based reading instruction. In order to assess, we
perform guided reading groups and determine whether a child is on, above,
or below level through the use of running records. We also administer the
DRA. We do not use number grades on the report card, instead we use
letters: N, U, S, VG, and E. So if a child is reading on level he would
receive a S and so forth. Perhaps you and your team can create a rubric to
correlate the numbers on ure report card to below, on, and above level
readers.

Christina