[MOSAIC] (MOSAIC) reading problem

Mary Kaleta mekaleta at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:07:19 EDT 2007

In my experience, I never wait for all students to finish reading silently.
I teach 8th grade and my students finish reading at various times. When most
of the students are finished, I continue the lesson. I cannot quote research
on this technique, but I know it has been discussed in some of my reading
classes recently. I have found that in 8th grade you must keep the
lesson/pace moving ahead to maintain student interest. I haven't taught 4th
grade in a long time, but I would think keeping pace moving would help with
student interest too.

Mary IL/sped/8

My major