[MOSAIC] Audio units to save teacher's voice/Off Topic

Joel Hootman abeljhootman at mdeca.org
Tue Aug 14 21:33:11 EDT 2007

We have several systems in our building.  They are called "light
speed" systems, and I love it!  I had one in an older room, very
alive room, and it made a big difference for me and for the student's
listening, especially with all the noise in my hallway, which we
share with high school.  It was installed when I had a student with a
cochlear implant, but believe me, it made a big difference with ALL
students, and with my voice.  Read-alouds were wonderful, too!  I
will have a newer version this year (I moved rooms,)  that assists a
hearing impaired student.   They only work in the room when you are
in sight of the "receiver" that receives the wireless signals, so if
you leave the room, you don't have to worry, unless you move to
another room with a system.  They only work in the room they are
installed in.  I just searched for the "lightspeed" name through
google, and it took me right to the website.

Joel / OH / 4