[MOSAIC] Lead poisoning and learning/OT

Beverlee Paul beverleepaul at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 23:28:27 EDT 2007

In most states, there indeed is a fast track for something that can be
medically documented by a physician/pediatrician.  Be sure to check that out
before you wait another cycle.

I'm collecting data for the SST team right now. The only services she got
last year was tutoring. I hadn't thought about Speech or OT. I'll bring it
up in 6 weeks when we meet again. Seems like this process is convoluted and
designed to keep kids like her from being successful. There should be a
quicker way to do this since we have medical documentation of her situation.
I'm very frustrated about this. I want this child to get all the help we can
give her, and my hands are tied. I HATE RED TAPE!

DeMilleReed at aol.com wrote:   The issues that this girl struggles with sound
like issues the Speech and
Language Pathologist in our school works with. Does this girl receive any
services? Our Occupational Therapist also works with children with memory
problems. When I face issues like these, I usually consult with other
service
providers for ideas about the best ways to teach.

Cathy

K-1 Title I Reading

                 Joy/NC/4
   jwidmann at rocketmail.com
   How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and
content go hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org