[MOSAIC] No Postings

Renee phoenixone at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 10:14:30 EDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 2:23 AM, ccunningham wrote:

> Whew! I was wondering the same thing.  I know I'm still prepping . . .
> we started school last Wednesday and we started a new reading series
> (McGraw Hill).  I'm still trying to figure it out.  Unfortunately, I'm
> at a school where you HAVE to follow each page and carry the manual
> with you.

Would this be Open Court?

You know.... when I read about mandates that require teachers to carry
the manual around with them I want to take administrators by the necks
and lock them in a room with heavy death metal music and no earplugs.
What is the matter with people? Have they taken complete leave of their
senses, or what? I want to know what the educational and teaching
background is of the people making these mandates. This is not
teaching. You might as well hire some yahoo off the sidewalk and slap
the manual in their hand and say, "Just do this." Scripted programs do
not address the individual needs of children, do not create real
learners, and do not require thinking teachers. Principals who get
their credentials through leadership academies without teaching for
several years in the classroom are not equipped to run a school.

And what about the physical part of this? What about Carpal Tunnel
Syndrome? Tennis Elbow? Repeated Stress Injury? I already have problems
with my left elbow. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to
carry around a heavy teachers' manual all day.

This just makes me want to scream. It all leads back to the desire for
corporate takeover of the public education system. The McGraw Hill
people are close friends of George Bush. Go look up McGraw Hill's
profits for the last few years.

Yeesh
Renee

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."
~ John Lennon / Paul McCartney ~ Carry That Weight