[MOSAIC] rationale..

Brown, Lisabeth L. brownl6 at ocps.net
Fri Aug 24 11:11:01 EDT 2007

Our school does a 'boo-hoo' breakfast.  At least, that's what the staff
calls it.  (In our county, we have a "First Day Celebration."  All
parents are encouraged to accompany their children to their classrooms,
and 'hang-out' for a few minutes.  At 9:15 (1/2 hour after school has
begun) an announcement is made, inviting ALL parents to the media center
for donuts.  I think our PTA supplies the treats.  It seems to help get
the parents out of our rooms and they can commiserate with other
parents.  (It usually is the primary grades who have a harder time
releasing their children.  Hopefully, third grade parents will be used
to this.)