[MOSAIC] rationale..

waltersps at aol.com waltersps at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 12:44:51 EDT 2007

I often let my bulletin boards reflect our topic of study and be the result of children's research.? Adding vocabulary, visuals, and even sentence strip statements?allows them to see what we're learning at a glance - as well as anyone else who comes in the room.? Sometimes it's in the form of a graphic organizer I want them to learn to use...other times in the style of a famous artist :)? It's part of the process.? Cooperative groups often take turns designing an "informative" board - kids know what kids will read and understand.? Let them post your procedures, etc. the very first week.? Taking a quick picture and then adding it to your weekly newsletter - also lets parents in on what's happening.

Thanks for what you do.
Patty Walters