[MOSAIC] rationale..

CNJPALMER at aol.com CNJPALMER at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 10:10:56 EDT 2007

I really don't think anyone really wants to "get rid of parents"... but as
someone who has taught Kindergarten, often when little ones have separation
anxiety, it only gets worse the longer mom stays. Mom is, naturally, upset too,
and the little one feeds off that and what started as a few tears can become
a  full fledged tantrum. Then you have a real disruption because that child's
anxiety can spread to other little ones who begin to wonder whether or not
they  should be upset too.
 When mom gives the child a kiss and reassures them that she will  return at
the end of the day and leaves right away, the child  usually becomes quickly
interested in what the other kids are doing and has  no more tears within about
5 minutes or less. I usually give the parent in  question a call on my first
break to reassure them that their child is indeed  fine. That helps build
those trusting feelings that are so needed.
Jennifer

 In a message dated 8/24/2007 3:27:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,