[MOSAIC] magazine subscriptions?

Renee phoenixone at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 10:59:21 EDT 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 6:55 AM, Joel Hootman wrote:

> We used Time for Kids but stopped because we couldn't keep up with it
> each week with everything else we have to do.  It is good, especially
> for fifth grade.

I used Time For Kids for years with third, fourth, and fifth grades.
Once a week I used it for homework. Students were able to include it on
their reading log, and the next morning, without the magazine in front
of them, they were to write three interesting things they read about in
the magazine. I also used it in the classroom for timely news, kept
extra copies in a magazine basket for browsing, and it was great to use
it for substitute plans. :-)

I also love the National Geographic kids' magazines.
Renee

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
atrocities."
~ Voltaire