[MOSAIC] questions for Dave, Joy, others on textmapping

Joy jwidmann at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:18:14 EDT 2007

Olga,
  What grade do you teach?

  Without knowing anything else, I'd read the story aloud to them from the book as you normally would, complete with picture walk, think aloud, etc.

  Then I'd give them the pages of the book and have them create the scroll together, thus modeling how to make it. Then I'd proceed with whatever you wanted to do with the scroll.

                Joy/NC/4
  jwidmann at rocketmail.com
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org