[MOSAIC] Fluency assessment question

Joy jwidmann at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:11:54 EDT 2007

Lori,
  Which is what I have going on with one student right now. He's in fourth grade and miscues on many many words. He knows the words, but is blasting through when he reads and miscues on the most basic sight words. His reading is choppy and unconnected. Then he starts guessing like crazy on the more difficult words instead of using his decoding skills. This is with a first grade level text. But when we go back and read the words in isolation, he gets them right every time. His retell is sparse, relating mostly to the first or last sentence in the first or last paragraph. With as many miscues as he has it's amazing he can retell at all.

Creecher12 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/27/2007 8:23:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,