[MOSAIC] Blogs and Wikis

Janice Friesen janicef at jfriesen.net
Sat Mar 17 13:36:14 EDT 2007

I love Wikis and Blogs!  One tool to try in your classroom is
Classblogmeister (http://classblogmeister.com)  The thing about it is that
when students write their writing first comes to you and you can make
comments on it OR corrections before it is posted.  All comments come to you
or approval also before being posted.  You have control of what is visible
to the public or what is password protected.  There are lots of teachers
using this and finding great enthusiasm of students for writing.  In
Blogmeister there is a central blog which you (the teacher) can write
assignments into.  Then on the side all the students are listed with a
pseudonym or initials) and they each have their own blog.  They can be
required to comment on each other's blogs.

If you go to the Blogmeister page (link above) you can do a grade level
search and then look for teachers who are your grade level and see what they
are doing.  I am sure that there are a lot of empty accounts, but there are
many people using it effectively.

Janice
janicef at jfriesen.net