[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis

Melissa Kile tchkgn24 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:11:32 EDT 2010

I totally agree with you! We used to do the PALS at the beginning & end of
year, now we have to do it at mid-year for those not passing in September. I
feel very fortunate I'm in 2nd grade, and don't have to deal with our SOL
tests (although I'm responsible for teaching the SOLs) in 3rd, 4th AND 5th!!
We do have some incredibly stupid benchmark tests (12 questions in reading
and 12 in math every 9 weeks--SO helpful in my quest for good instruction!).

I've been teaching 32 years, and basically, I just do what I feel is right
for the kids. I play by the administration's rules, do the benchmarks, and
carry on. I don't even look at the results. I tend to use running records to
plan instruction for reading, moreso than the PALS.

Sigh, from another Dinosaur!!

Melissa/VA/2nd