[MOSAIC] MAP assessment

Kinderjane at aol.com Kinderjane at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 21:32:45 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/13/2010 12:06:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  smoore@
zps.org writes:

Is  anyone using MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) as a screener in  their
district?  If so, at what grade levels and how useful and  reliable have you
found the results?
Thanks in  advance.
S.Moore
Literacy Coach
Zeeland Public  Schools

Our district uses it in Elementary schools, Kindergarten through 5th.   I
don't know beyond that.  I was very leery of using it in Kindergarten,  but
have found the results helpful.  The children love taking the  test!  They
see it as a computer "game".  I do the warm up first, so  they are prepared
for the types of questions on there.    My  children took the literacy parts
last week, and almost all  were right where I expected them to be.
Kinderjane in SC :-)