[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis

Valerie Vitalo valvitalo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 20:26:34 EDT 2010

Just curious as to why districts have abandoned DRA's.  We give the DRA-2 3 times per year in grades k-5  We give  phonological awareness tests and sightword inventories to all of our kidin 1,2,and 3 and in K later on in the year.  We have periodic writing assessments with district-wide prompts that match a writing calendar for units for the district.  Teacher give running records to students when they are considering moving to the next guided reading level.  There is an ELL evaluation at the beginning and end of year also.  They continually add asessments.  Classroom teachers do some of it and the lit team for the building does the rest.  We get a really comprehensive picture of these little guys before we group and continually regroup as necessary.