[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis

soozq55164 at aol.com soozq55164 at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 13:04:11 EDT 2010

I know that many teachers have abandoned the DRA because it can be time
consuming especially in the upper grades. There is a written component
for grades 4 and up (grade 3 has an optional one I believe). Even
though it may take some students about an hour to complete, I feel that
the information I get about the students is crucial to drive my
instruction. I don't really like that the engagement piece is worth so
many points but I take that into consideration when looking at it. Our
district uses the WIDDA for ELL assessment.
Sue