[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis~Aimsweb Reading

hccarlson at comcast.net hccarlson at comcast.net
Sat Sep 18 10:56:14 EDT 2010

It's so important to remember that districts need a variety of data in making instructional decisions. I agree that the Aimsweb is a reliable screening measure, but it doesn't measure what a child does with a real text in front of them. It's too bad we can't get a valid reliable measure that uses real books where students can use their strategies because that's our final goal.
It's great that your district at least re evaluates the data they are collecting and modifies when necessary. I know too many districts who just continue to use the assessments without asking teachers how it helps them in their daily instruction or evaluating the data and/or test to determine if it measures the district benchmarks/goals.

Carol