[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis~Aimsweb Reading

soozq55164 at aol.com soozq55164 at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 12:12:30 EDT 2010

Carol,
I couldn't agree with you more. I have kids that can pass the Aimsweb
fluency and even the cloze procedure but yet when they have to perserve
through a longer text, they are unable to do so. So many of this probes
are short and sweet and require a few minutes of effort. Maye that
would be good if that's what we asking kids to do but it's not. I keep
asking for an assessment that mirrors what goes on in the classroom but
so far no soap. I guess the closest is the DRA. I also use selections
 from a-z to monitor progress but it is and should be one of mutliple
measures that should be considered.
Sue