[MOSAIC] data collection for analysis~Aimsweb Reading

Sally Thomas sally.thomas4 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 02:39:14 EDT 2010

Again, maybe this list serve could form a group of teachers who would like
to use the Learning Record as a way of using and integrating multiple
measures based on the kind of theoretical approaches to teaching literacy
advocated by this list.  I totally realize that districts usually "don't get
it" given the current climate, but you know I want to continue assessing mys
tudents inw ays I believe REGARDLESS.  I might do what I have to for the
powers that be but I will always do what I know is right for kids as well.

I strongly recommend a look at the way the LR helps a knowledgeable teacher
reflect on the whole of a what a child does and knows, not "just" separate
skills and elements of literacy.

Maybe we could start a study group???  Know I've offered before but life and
the extraordinary demands of my teaching situation got in the way.  I just
retired after 47 years in classrooms at every level K- post secondary and
teacher ed.  I would have time at this point - finally  - to lead a study
group if there is interest.

Sally Thomas